Terms & Conditions
1. Tree Frog and any subcontractors agree to perform all tasks in a professional manner conforming to industry best practices in accordance with the quotation and specification supplied by Tree Frog Tree Services. All tree work will be cut to the British standard BS3998 to achieve a great shape and healthy trees.
2. Payment Terms
Consultancy – Payment is due upon delivery of the report. Reports are covered by copyright law and will remain the property of Tree Frog until full payment has been received.
Contracting – Payment is due upon the day of completion of works. Applications for 30 day credit accounts must be agreed in writing prior to commencement of the contract. Quotations include VAT which is charged at 20%. Queries/complaints should be addressed to Tree Frog Tree Services within 7 days of the invoice date, if not sooner.
Overdue accounts are subject to compound interest at 5% per week upon the balance outstanding. In the event that it is necessary to recover any outstanding fees from the client(s), the client(s) will fully reimburse any costs and expenses incurred during the recovery period, including legal and court costs. Tree Frog Tree Services reserves the right to make a charge for every letter or replacement invoice sent and every telephone/fax call or visit made in connection with the recovery as per our current scale of charges. ( Reference 7)
Cancellation of works must be done prior to 7 days of an agreed date. 25% of the agreed quotation will be charge for any cancellations under 7 days.
3. Cutting down protected trees is a criminal offence. Tree Frog must be notified of any trees which have restrictions due to their location we are asked to work on. The client must take full responsibility for, and indemnify us against, all fines and costs arising from breach of any planning restrictions, tree conservation or preservation orders unless we process the formal application for tree works.
4. Tree Frog Tree Services will not be liable in damages or otherwise because of non-performance of a contract arising on account of adverse weather conditions, strikes, civil war or civil commotion, pandemics or lack of adequate labour beyond our control. Further we retain the right in such circumstances to cancel the contract in whole or part. Completion dates shall be subject to weather conditions. Attendance dates are approximate, cancellation of a contract should be in writing prior to commencement.
5. The landowner must notify us of any underground or any hidden/obscured services or other obstructions where their presence and route is not clearly marked and indicated to the service provider together with depth, height, nature of the hazard and dimensions. Tree Frog Tree Services will not be responsible for damage and injury resulting from damage to these services if we have not been made aware.
6. Charges received for the removal of power or telephone cables, services or infrastructures are the responsibility of the owner, unless included in the quotation.
7. Quotations for felling exclude stump removal unless specifically requested and stated otherwise on the quotation. We always assume that the trees are free from metal, stone, nails or any other hidden objects unless we are informed otherwise. In the event of a tree being difficult to fell with a chainsaw, Tree Frog Tree Services reserves the right to charge for additional man-hours and replacement of equipment or parts damage. Current Arb team rates are £30.00 per man hour + VAT from arrival on site to return to base. Office and secretarial staff man hours are charged out at £20.00 per man hour + VAT. Applications for Tree Preservation Orders and Conservation areas are free on acceptance of the quote. Once applied for if you do not wish for the works to be carried out our above admin hourly rate will be charged.
8. The quote price is based on site conditions existing at the time of the quotation remaining unchanged and is valid for 3 months from the date of the quotation. We reserve the right to adjust the quote should this not be the case.
9. Reports, surveys, booklets, designs and specifications are the intellectual property and copyright © of Tree Frog Tree Services and cannot not be copied or formally distributed to third parties without the written permission of Tree Frog Tree Services and payment of any fees relating to its production.
10. Charges received and/or lost time spent dealing with dealing with hazardous insects, i.e.: wasps, hornets, bees etc. is to be the responsibility of the landowner. Reference section ‘7’ for hourly rates.
11. All Tree Frog Tree service’s contracts carried out or Tree Frog Tree Service’s designated subcontractors is covered by a £5,000,000 Public Liability insurance and £10,000,000 Employers Liability insurance for damage or injury that may result from the implementation of the contract. Only contracts agreed with Tom Roberts at the Tree Frog Tree Services head office are covered by any of our comprehensive insurance.
12. Reports general: Our survey of the trees, the soils and any other factors, is of a preliminary nature, we do not take soil/root samples for laboratory analysis, the trees are not usually climbed, but are inspected from ground level only.
13. Subcontracting. Tree Frog Tree Services reserves the right to subcontract any services pursuant to this agreement to their nominated subcontractors provided that all payments made hereunder shall be made directly and exclusively to Tree Frog Tree Services who shall provide receipted invoices. Tree Frog Tree Services standards of work, Health and Safety policy and methodologies will be applied by all subcontractors. Within 2 years of the last contract placed with Tree Frog Tree Services, no inducements or separate agreements and contracts may be made between Clients of Tree Frog Tree Services, it’s subcontractors and employees.
14. Stump grinding. On accepting a stump grinding quote from Tree Frog Tree Services, we will grind stumps to a depth of around 150mm below the surface unless agreed otherwise prior to the quote. Also reference section ‘5’ for notification of services as we will not be liable for any damage to services we have not been made aware of by the client. Waste from grinding (mulch) will be raked back over and left neat unless asked otherwise and agreed in the quote.
15. Site completion – On Completion of works Tree Frog Tree Services will do our upmost to leave the site / garden as tidy as we found it (if not better!). Some sawdust may be left in borders and some conditions such as wind / rain will prevent us from blowing down all areas properly.
When dismantling trees some unforeseen damage may occur to lawns and borders due to the impact of branches and logs. We will do our upmost to prevent this but if you so wish this not to occur at all we will adjust the timescale on the quote to rig all timber and limbs down.
16. When appointing a Tree Surgeon, please use only properly qualified and experienced companies and always check that they carry Public and Products Liability Insurance with a minimum £1 million cover and the relevant Employers Liability Insurance.
17. Contracts undertaken on a day rate are calculated from our arrival on site to leaving site – 9am-3pm. This allows us enough time at the yard to load and unload including travel time.
18. All trees should be checked periodically to assess the impact and significance of any physiological or environmental changes.
19. All goods will remain the property of Tree Frog Tree Services until paid for in full and we reserve the right to enter a property where our goods are stored to retrieve them if that should prove necessary.